At Hadjipaterion Center we apply occupational therapy to children in order to deal with disorders that may significantly affect their development or everyday life. We use therapeutic activities focusing on the child’s development or rehabilitation so that he/she may function efficiently at personal and social level.
Our Occupational therapists intervene in a wide range of areas and skills using games and activities so that the child reaches the highest functional level possible. They work together with doctors in relevant specialties as well as with the rest of the Interdisciplinary Team.
The fields where we intervene are the following:
- Fine Mobility and Coordination: skills necessary to play and write
- Gross Mobility and Coordination: visual-motor organization, laterality, posture control, balance, etc.
- Cognitive skills – Perception: organization, memory, focus, space and time orientation, visual and auditory memory, etc.
- Social skills: Eye contact, adjustment to changes, rules, etc.
- Communication: conversation skills, communication operations,
- Daily Life Activities: Training in developing the skills necessary for the child’s self-care.