At the educational sessions in Hadjipaterion Center, we can help each year 38 children between the ages of 2 and 7 years, mainly with motor disabilities, which most of the time come with other disability forms.
Aim of the Educational Intervention:
The key aim of our educational intervention is the full-scale development of children on both cognitive and mental/emotional level. At the beginning we evaluate what the children do and we explore what they can do. In this respect, the educational program is tailored to meet each child’s needs separately while respect the pace of the child’s personal development.
Our aims, in accordance with each child’s competences, are the following:
- acquire basic knowledge
- master basic concepts of quantity, space and time
- improve eye-hand coordination
- train in prenumeric and numeric skills
- train in prewriting and writing skills
- develop phonological and phonemic awareness
- school readiness
- self-care (toilet training program)
- creative expression
- social development
- broader mental and emotional maturity
It should be stressed that the Educational Program that we offer to the children is in balance with the other services offered by the other specialties of the Interdisciplinary Team so as to provide a holistic approach to treating their difficulties.